Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Gloomy Tuesday



Gloomy Tuesday Everyone,

We are expecting a cold front today and so gloomy Tuesday is upon me. How did my day start? Besides the daily morning drive to drop Emilee at school (and dealing with every idiot driver you can possibly imagine) my morning has been upsetting.

I came very close to losing my sweet Lucy this morning. We have been working so very hard to train Lucy to stay on our property. She is a year old now and we have been so consistant with her. Each morning she gets to roam our property and chase squirrels, birds or any other creature ready to take her on. She visits with the next door neighbors dogs, Sandy & Willie, and they run up and down the fence line. Ken and I check on her every 5-10 minutes to remind her that she is to stay in our yard. We want her to be a well behaved guard dog and so we give her some freedom to roam. To my horor, I was sitting enjoying my morning tea, when I heard the brakes on a large truck lock up. Next my neighbor was at my door letting me know that Lucy was almost hit. This meant that she crossed out of her yard and accross the next yard as well. So Lucy is on lock down for the time being and looking very sad at me as I type these words.

So, I have decided to relax with my tea and chocolate and think of happier things. What comes to mind? Hmmmmmm...all my friends in California that I miss so terribly. I miss Jennifer's laughing at my jokes and that amazing way she always makes me feel appreciated and loved. I miss Mary sitting accross the table from me and knowing exactly what I'm thinking or what I'm about to say and telling me how "bad" I am....love that!!! I miss Sandra's sweet self, smile and hugs...oh and the occasionally streaking too...not to mention our fart contests on retreats!!! I miss Tami...the doodle....her laughter is contagious and she has a heart of Gold!! I miss Barbee & Nancy...my two mom's (atleast I think of them that way) giving me support, advice and friendship....going to Scarlet's or just hanging at Nancy's...Gosh I miss those days...I miss Kathy and our tea times....we shared so much laughter and good times as we shared our "cuppa" tea. Many times she was the glue that held me together when I was missing my hubby. I miss Cathrine ...she gave me the most amazing gift...she taught me to knit and to believe that I could take some yarn & needles and turn them into something beautiful. She helped me to believe in myself and made it possible to stay strong through all those lonley days, nights and holidays when Ken was at sea. She opened her heart to me and made me part of her family.... All you ladies are my FAMILY and I am so grateful for each of you.

I hope you are all having a good Tuesday!!! Missing you all :)

Hugs, Heidi

No comments:

Dish Rag Tag

Dish Rag Tag