Thursday, February 28, 2008

Multi-Tasking...GOOD OR DANGEROUS??

Howdy !!

Well, I have always been very proud of my ability to multi-task with great success. Today was the day I have decided to seriously question my abilities. I'm sure many of you are like me...trying to keep at least 17 balls up in the air at the same time without making a mess. My day started out with a bang!!! I was keeping the washer and dryer going, making lunches, collecting trash for the burn barrel and trying to clean the bathrooms. Things were moving along at a rapid clip until the un-thinkable happened... I mistook a Windex Multi-Purpose Wipe for a Feminine wipe and OMG!!!! Let's just say it was quite a shocker.....almost as good as the time I sprayed my hair with bug spray instead of hair spray. I will agree with the Windex slogan...."No Streaks".... Please learn from this error girls..it hasn't been fun...

I have been knitting pretty darn regular this past week, which really pleases me. I am working on a pair of "Loopy Laces" socks which are really fun to knit AND I have been working on my Fair Isle Vest as well. The vest has been quite a challenge for me but, I am very pleased with the results thus far. My next class is being held next Thursday and I am hoping to be atleast through 20 rows of the fair isle portion... My daughter Emilee and I have decided to knit up a bunch of squares and then I will crochet them together. We are hoping that it will be a fun gift for Jessica & Josh to help them celebrate their marriage. If you would like to help....we are using size 15 needles...casting on 20 stitches and knitting until a square is complete. NOTE TO TAMI: A Rectangle is much LONGER than a Square....please STOP once it's a square...LOL (You know I'm teasing you) The colors we are thinking are: Olive (green), Orange, Brown, Teal (Turquoise).....

I have been planting in my garden as well...can you believe it? So far we have: Head lettuce, Romaine & Spinach....Strawberries, Yellow & White Onions, Cherry Tomatoes, Rosemary & Lavender.....Getting back in my garden has really helped my mind set! I feel like I am accomplishing something that is going to be appreciated by my entire family.

Lucy needs a sister!! It is almost that time...YES, time to begin the search for Lucy's baby sister. I am keeping an open mind as to the breed...we plan to start visiting the Burleson Animal Shelter very soon and begin our search for "Rickie" That's right Lucy & Rickie.....

Hope you all are doing well....Hugs, Heidi

2 comments:

Toby said...

I am sure you multi-tasking accident hurt. I hope you are OK!!!
Congrats on Jessica's marriage. At least she let you listen in. Darla's first 2 marriages we didn't even know about. I am glad your family is doing well. Darrell left for Malibu on Monday for another mud slide job. He will be gone for 6 to 8 weeks. He will be working 12 hours a day 6 days a week. Thank god it' will not be hard work, mostly sitting around. It's a CalTrans T&M job. He is happy to be there and hopefully when he finishes there they will want him back here again, after the water table drops. I am sitting and waiting for phone calls. I am waiting for them to call me to go to a sleep lab as they think I have sleep apnea. I am also waiting for a call to get Synvist shots for my left knee. The surgery did not help not cortizone shots. I get the right knee replaced April 4. FUN stuff!!! Love, hugs and kisses to all. We MISS you!!!!

Jenn said...

Yeah, that was way worse than I thought!

Dish Rag Tag

Dish Rag Tag