Thursday, February 7, 2008

Thanksgiving in February

I have been doing some reflecting today and wanted to share some of my thoughts. When trying to pull myself out of a funk, I try to think of all the positive things in my life. What are those things that get me through each day? Sometimes it's as simple as watching the Cardinals at my bird feeders or hearing Emilee laugh or knowing that Jessica is once again my very dear friend as well as my eldest child.

One year ago:

* I hadn't seen my children in 5 years and the pain was unbearable
* I couldn't even look at their pictures because it was just too hard
* My children had no idea why I was absent from their lives
* I had very little hope that I would see my children before they became adults.

Today:

* My youngest, Emilee (12), lives with me and I get to watch her grow and help her become
whatever it is she wants to be. I know that she loves me....She knows the truth...I see
myself in her every single day...she is a doodle like her Mom :)
* My eldest, Jessica (20), has come to visit me and we are close once more. Even though
we were separated during her "difficult" years, she came through them just fine and
remembered everything I tried to teach her before our separation. She is one of the
bravest people I know and I can never express enough how proud I am of who she
has become in spite of all she has survived. Wow!!
* My son, Kyle (15) knows I love him wether he wants to admit it or not. He is now going
through those difficult years and lives with his Father. He is a work in progress and I have
faith that he will come back to me one day just as the girls have. He is brilliant and has
a heart of gold....one day he will break away from all that is coloring his thoughts and need
his Mom....I can wait
* I have pictures of my children decorating my home and they once again bring me great
joy. They are the best part of me and I am so proud....to be Mom once again

Wow how things have changed in one short year.....



3 comments:

cr8tive said...

You gotta have faith - that some how the pieces will all fall into place.

Lady J said...

I remember last year and the year before that; you, ken and the kids are blessed!!!! Love and miss you Jennifer

Debi said...

that's awesome heidi! i'm so glad that everything is turning around :)

Dish Rag Tag

Dish Rag Tag